Learn-to-Skate and Beginner Learn-to-Play
Tri-County Saints offer Learn-to-Skate and Learn-to-Play programs that are designed to help participants learn to skate and be introduced to the basics of hockey. Learn-to-Skate beginners will be introduced to the ABC's of skating including getting up, striding, gliding, turning, and stopping through fun games designed to build confidence and instill a love of being on the ice. Participants who have previously completed a learn-to-skate program and have gained mobility will be introduced to hockey basics through FUNdamental hockey skills.
Learn-to-Skate is geared toward those who:
- Have never skated before and want to have fun learning; and/or
- Want to improve their basic skating skills but are not yet ready for hockey.
Learn-to-Play is geared toward those who:
- Have previously completed a learn-to-skate program and have some skating ability and;
- Are comfortable wearing full hockey equipment and want to begin learning how to play hockey once per week.
Tuition includes one practice per week (Sunday mornings) and a TCS practice jersey.
2023 / 2024 Sessions:
- Session 1 - November 5th thru January 7th (10 Weeks): $130.00
- Session 2 - January 14th to March 17th (10 weeks): $130.00
For Learn-to-Skate: At minimum, participants should wear a hockey helmet with full facemask, skates, and gloves. (Snow gloves/mittens are acceptable.)
For Learn-to-Play: Full ice hockey gear is encouraged, including an ice hockey stick.