Learn-to-Skate and Beginner Learn-to-Play
Tri-County Saints offer Learn-to-Skate and Learn-to-Play programs that are designed to help participants learn to skate and be introduced to the basics of hockey. Learn-to-Skate beginners will be introduced to the ABC's of skating including getting up, striding, gliding, turning, and stopping through fun games designed to build confidence and instill a love of being on the ice. Participants who have previously completed a learn-to-skate program and have gained mobility will be introduced to hockey basics through FUNdamental hockey skills. Learn to skate will take place at 9AM Sundays, Learn to play at 10AM Sundays.
Learn-to-Skate is geared toward those who:
- Have never skated before and want to have fun learning; and/or
- Want to improve their basic skating skills but are not yet ready for hockey.
Learn-to-Play is geared toward those who:
- Have previously completed a learn-to-skate program and have some skating ability and;
- Are comfortable wearing full hockey equipment and want to begin learning how to play hockey once per week.
Tuition includes one practice per week (Sunday mornings) and a TCS practice jersey.
2023 / 2024 Sessions:
- Session 1 - November 12th thru January 14th (10 Weeks): $130.00
- Session 2 - January 21st to March 24th (10 weeks): $130.00
For Learn-to-Skate: At minimum, participants should wear a hockey helmet with full facemask, skates, and gloves. (Snow gloves/mittens are acceptable.)
For Learn-to-Play: Full ice hockey gear is encouraged, including an ice hockey stick.